Friday, May 23, 2014

Carnival

The carnival blew into town.  I shouldn't say "the" carnival but "a" carnival, as even the locals didn't seem to know what the hell it was doing here.  Having read plenty of Ray Bradbury as a kid, I know to be weary of a surprise carnival coming to town.

To be safe, as we were driving over I warned the kids specifically to stay off the merry-go-round and to avoid the house of mirrors...  just in case.  Since I've failed as a parent and neither of my kids have read any Bradbury yet I did have to explain a little more about the merry-go-round.  I can't tell you how much it pleased me a few minutes later while walking the midway to have them ask to be reminded of which way the merry-go-round went to make you younger and older.

Love my kids.

But sadly, as we wandered past the rides I didn't get any evil vibes.  Plenty of skeezy carnies, but  that comes with the territory, right?

Although I did witness one disturbing thing in the restroom.

I saw a guy walk into a shit and piss covered stall and pour a can of  coors light into a refill mug so he could surreptitiously enjoy a little drink at the carnival.

First of all, food and drink in a clean bathroom is disgusting.  But the guy was literally standing in a puddle of urine at the time.

And to go to that length for a COORS LITE???  What the hell?

I guess it's okay and I shouldn't judge.  A beer like that is akin to horse piss so maybe it's only fitting that such a transfer should take place in the most disgusting stall of the city park mens room.

No comments: